Your company has received on order to develop an embedded internetworking application. The client has asked to design an embedded web system to control the switching of cooling fans of his cold storage facilities and to monitor cool room temperature with an accuracy of 0.1oC. The variation of temperature is 100 degree Celsius. Your manager has given you a task to identify:
1. The type of implementation best suited for this application
2. Communication protocols required to be used for this application
3. An estimate of memory requirements of an embedded controller to implement communication protocols, application software, web page and the script
4. The hardware requirements of the microcontroller to satisfy the application needs
5. Microcontroller requirements to implement refresh rate, resolution of temperature display
6. Suitable embedded controller/hardware platform and any softwares required
Write a report to provide the above information to your manager. Your report should include:
• The rationale for selecting this particular implementation over other implementation types
• The rationale for selecting these particular protocols - what other protocol/s can be used? What are the implications of using other protocols/s over the one being recommended?
• RAM and flash memory requirements
• Discussion on how the microcontroller will be used to refresh the web page at regular intervals
• A/D requirements of the microcontroller
• Rationale for selecting this particular hardware platform. Discuss its pros and cons.
The report should be approximately 5-6 pages and must be submitted in both hard copy and electronic form.
Each of the above six points you need to address will carry equal marks.